1999 Followers
KimberleysBookNook

Kimberley's Book Nook

I love to read!

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky The Perks of Being A Wallflower was completely different to the kind of book I thought it was going to be. For some reason I thought it was going to be a quirky, comedic, high school coming of age story but it was much deeper and analytical and actually very moving.I especially liked that it's written entirely from Charlie's point of view as letters to the reader. Charlie is 15 years old in 1991, I was 15 in 1997, and I really felt that he was pretty naive and sheltered for his age compared to how I remember myself and other teenagers being in the 90's. Having said that, Charlie is just very odd all round, but not in a bad way. He's really intelligent and a really deep thinker and has a heart of gold and I really liked his character. I just felt sad for him having such an innocence about him and struggling to find who he is and where he fits in.This was a great, interesting, emotional story that is definitely worth reading.I'm looking forward to the movie version that will be out soon.